We all are aware of what senses now let’s talk about sixth sense and technologies developing nowadays with the name of it.
What is the sixth sense?
If we talk in terms of spiritualism than sixth sense is our ability to perceive the subtle-dimension or the unseen world. It also includes our ability to understand the subtle cause and effect relationship behind many events, which is beyond the understanding of the intellect.
Sixth Sense is a wearable gestural interface that enhances the physical world around us with digital information and lets us use natural hand gestures to interact with that information.
The Sixth Sense prototype is a wearable gestural interface that augments the physical world around us with the digital information.
There exists a large amount of information in the digital world. We use different methods to get that information like a computer and mobile phones but they are restricted to screens. We do not have any direct connection to the digital world, so here comes the sixth sense technology which gives us the freedom to interact with the physical world through the natural hand.
Humans perceive information through their senses from the outer world but not just the outer world now the digital world is also a part of us and we learn many things from digital information. We use smart phones, computers, laptops or devices like this to connect to digital world; all we need is to learn how to use these devices. Now the scientist is trying to come up with this new technology so that human don’t have to learn using different devices like this they will just use simple hand movements to get to the digital world.
Sixth sense technology can be used to immediately trace out the whole information about an object as soon as we see it. Sixth sense technology can make the entire world as a computer via hand gestures.
The sixth sense prototype is made using very common and easily available equipment like a pocket projector, a mirror, mobile components, colored caps and a camera as shown in Fig 2. The projector and camera are connected to a smart phone via blue tooth. Natural hand gestures are used to interact with the digital data.
- Camera to capture the image of the object which is found in its view and it can be considered as a digital eye.
- The projector is to project the visual information on to the surfaces and objects making them as physical interfaces.
- The mirror is used to adjust the angle between the projector and the screen. It reflects the rays coming from the projector on to the screen.
- A smart phone which is enabled with access to the Internet is used in order to process the video data.
- Colored Caps are placed at the tip of users fingers. They are marked with red, yellow, green and blue tapes. These help the camera to recognize the gestures. All these hardware components are coupled in a pendant.
Gesture recognition is a term used to interpret the gestures through mathematical algorithms and mathematical gestures. Gesture recognition can be conducted with techniques from computer vision and image processing. In Sixth Sense technology, gesture recognition was considered in order to understand the motion of fingers.